Forgiveness brings peace. Without forgiveness, resentment will show up in your body and in your health. Forgiveness is one of the most powerful tools to healing your body and mind. Forgiveness repairs your heart and mind and allows you to move forward with freedom. Do it with sincerity, even if what happened hurt you very badly. You are only hurting yourself by not letting it go.
- Find a comfortable seat, and focus your awareness onto your breath until it is smooth.
- Invite the energy of a smile to be present on your face.
- Next, bring your awareness to your heart, and visualize a beautiful flower or another object that has qualities that you love and have gratitude towards. Feel the fullness of your heart embodied with the flower or other object and ask your heart to forgive and let go.
- Next, see a person that you have gratitude towards. Still in your meditation, visualize this person sitting in front of you and smiling at you.
- From your heart center, feel the deep gratitude you have for this person and without words radiate this towards that person so he or she knows how you feel. See this person tear up, knowing he or she received your honesty.
- From doing this, your heart will burst with gratitude and fill with love.
- By doing this, your anger has been replaced with higher emotions of love and humility and this is what will allow you to heal and realize your peaceful state. This is a powerful tool that you can use anywhere at anytime and it only takes a few minutes.
Jesus said, “Forgive them, for they do not know what they do.”